The following sections include some of the considerations that you must keep in mind during disassembly and assembly procedures. As you remove each subassembly from the computer, place the subassembly (and all accompanying screws) away from the work area to prevent damage. Using excessive force during disassembly and reassembly can damage plastic parts. Use care when handling the plastic parts. Apply pressure only at the points designated in the maintenance instructions. When servicing the Compaq Presario CQ60, be sure that cables are placed in their proper locations during the reassembly process. Improper cable placement can damage the computer. Cables must be handled with extreme care to avoid damage. Apply only the tension required to unseat or seat the cables during removal and insertion. Handle cables by the connector whenever possible. In all cases, avoid bending, twisting, or tearing cables. Be sure that cables are routed in such a way that they cannot be caught or snagged by parts being removed or replaced. Handle flex cables with extreme care; these cables tear easily.
Drive handling, Drives are fragile components that must be handled with care. To prevent damage to the computer, damage to a drive, or loss of information, observe these precautions: Before removing or inserting a hard drive, shut down the computer. If you are unsure whether the computer is off or in Hibernation, turn the computer on, and then shut it down through the operating system. Before handling a drive, be sure that you are discharged of static electricity. While handling a drive, avoid touching the connector. Before removing a diskette drive or optical drive, be sure that a diskette or disc is not in the drive and be sure that the optical drive tray is closed. Handle drives on surfaces covered with at least one inch of shock-proof foam. Avoid dropping drives from any height onto any surface. After removing a hard drive, an optical drive, or a diskette drive, place it in a static-proof bag. Avoid exposing a hard drive to products that have magnetic fields, such as monitors or speakers. Avoid exposing a drive to temperature extremes or liquids. If a drive must be mailed, place the drive in a bubble pack mailer or another suitable form of protective packaging and label the package “FRAGILE.”
Table of contents Compaq Presario CQ60 Service Manual
- Product description
- External component identification
- Illustrated parts catalog; Serial number location, Computer major components, Display assembly components, Plastics Kit, Mass storage devices, Miscellaneous parts, Sequential part number listing.
- Removal and replacement procedures, Preliminary replacement requirements, Component replacement procedures.
- Setup Utility; Starting the Setup Utility, Changing the language of the Setup Utility, Navigating and selecting in the Setup Utility, Displaying system information, Restoring default settings in the Setup Utility, Exiting the Setup Utility, Setup Utility menus
- Screw listing
- Backup and recovery; Creating recovery discs, Backing up your information, performing a recovery
- Connector pin assignments
- Power cord set requirements
Download Compaq Presario CQ60 Service Manual